What is up, my lovely people?! This week was amazing, but excuse me if my writing isn't great. I have been taken out by a pretty high fever as of today. π€π€
Do you ever beat yourself up over things you did wrong? Do you ever get frustrated that you cannot do something someone else can do? Do you ever feel like you shouldn't even attempt something because you are scared of messing it up? I know I have. I have felt this way plenty of times, especially as a missionary. What if I am not good enough to do this thing God wants me to do? What if I am not good enough ever? Well, I am here to tell you some pretty amazing truths. ☺️π€
1. In God's eyes, you are worth it. Nothing can take away that worth.
2. You may not be enough, but you don't have to be. Jesus Christ is and He will make up the difference.
3. We are told to continually be like Jesus Christ and strive towards perfection. But we won't achieve that perfection in this life and we weren't meant to. Otherwise, we wouldn't need the atonement.
I think it is easy to get caught up in being a perfectionist when we are chastened. But God chastens us because He loves us. He loves you EXACTLY as you are. He also loves you enough that He wants you to change and get better, so you will be criticized, OUT OF LOVE. π That doesn't mean you need to be perfect. Jesus Christ was perfect and people still hated Him. If people don't like you, that is okay. You know that you are striving to do better and God sees that. In the end, the only opinion that matters is the Fathers. ⭐️ So when you feel the spirit correcting your behavior, know that it is because God wants you to have the eternal joy that only comes from following Him, If the world hates you for it, who cares? Why would you take criticism from a place you wouldn't turn to for advice? You are doing things quite well, and if you let go of that fear of not being good enough you will quickly see what God can do with you. π
This week was SO RAD. I GOT TO TEACH PEOPLE FROM TANZANIA!!! πΉπΏ That is right, I am helping the missionaries out in Africa and I am talking to people in English and Swahili. I am trying to learn the basics of Swahili so that my best friend isn't google translate any longer haha. π of the 20 people I messaged this week, 15 replied, all 15 are going to church, and 4 are being taught as we speak :)) pray for Meshack and Alyatu. Both are incredibly interested in the gospel and live close enough to a church building that they can be regularly taught. ππΌ
I helped my grandpa give away a book of mormon at the History museum and saw Elder Soares at the church office building.π€© At the temple I saw so many people I know! I also saw my manager, Gary Christensen. So fun haha. A little girl got baptized for a girl named "Olive Branch", a little silly, but also very sweet. It was Sister Nelson's last District meeting :,) we will miss her. π₯Ί
Song of the week: GOOD DAY by forrest frank π₯ π₯
Quote of the week: "I had to go back to the dungeon with the kids" π
pictures!!
-selfie
-went up the canyon! SO snowy ❄️
-scripture of the week π
-snow at the officeπ²
-Elder Diaz and I spent probably too much time drafting lego armies π₯³π
π
-picture of Christ at museum ❤️
-Sister Davis!! π
-Museum π¦
-sunset π
-Sistrict π€πΌπ€πΌ

No comments:
Post a Comment