Monday, August 7, 2023

unexpected sweetness

"There are moments on earth when the Lord smiles at the unexpected sweetness of His creation. This was one of those moments." -the magic strings of frankie presto ๐Ÿซถ๐Ÿผ

This week was simple. I love simple and quiet days- you need them. Last Monday, I talked to three people on the train. The first was a welder. We talked about his personal conversion story. He grew up in the church, left and then had two brothers serve missions and their example brought him back. I laughed and smiled as we spoke of the goodness of God. The second was a UTA worker. I found out he is a branch president at the MTC and told me he would look out for my little brother. We talked about the restored gospel and the blessings it brings. The third was a man who had been sitting across from me the whole ride. He looked at me after the first two left and said, "well you must really love Jesus". ๐Ÿ˜‚ I laughed and told him I love Jesus very much. I found out he had recently moved to Utah. He believed in God, but didn't know what church to go to. In faith, he said a prayer asking Heavenly Father to guide him to the truth. Sound familiar? Luckily, I was able to help. He asked a few questions and then I got him set up with the missionaries in his area :)

It was a peaceful week. I went to the tabernacle in SLC with some other service missionaries and we played the piano. ๐ŸŽน At the museum I looked at the remnants of the painting by Minerva Teichert that was lost when the provo tabernacle burned down. I found comfort in the beauty that rose from the ashes of that Tabernacle. It was made into a temple, something much more sacred. Two years ago, when I took out my endowments, that was the temple I went through. Today I realize the significance of choosing that temple. I feel as though I am like the tabernacle that got burned down and now I am being built into something better. Talent is a piece of God's shadow. Under that shadow, human stories intersect. After talking to someone at the museum, they told me I have a talent for helping people feel God's love. I only hope that my talents can help people see and feel God. ๐Ÿฅฐ

I went on my family trip to Payson Lakes this week. ๐ŸŒฒ As I sat around looking at my family playing card games and reading books, I realized that right now things are so calm. I try to make sure I never take those slow moments for granted. I took my two-year-old nephew on a walk and we sang "You're welcome" from Moana together. It felt like God was smiling down on us. This week was unexpectedly sweet and quiet. Thank goodness for that. 

Pictures!!!
-a dollar bill my friend found when he was in junior high- he keeps it in his wallet ๐Ÿ’ต 
-I got a trophy for partially solving a rubik's cube (later I got another for being famous) ๐Ÿ†
-me and my niece camping!! ๐Ÿ”️ 
-me and the cousins ๐Ÿ˜†
-the stars up payson canyon ๐ŸŒ 
-me and sister ร–sthed!! we both love cows hehe ๐Ÿฎ
-us on our way to play the piano ๐ŸŽน
-sis smart had googly eyes on her eyelids lol ๐Ÿ‘€
-Kids testimonies of the book of mormon ๐Ÿฅบ
-sis stolles last day ๐Ÿ˜ข
-I have chosen the good ๐Ÿ’›












No comments:

Post a Comment

the end.